Monday, June 1, 2009

(4) We can approach life as a Christian, as mentioned above, or as a highly motivated secular individual, as it is shown below.

I offer you, as I promised, video samples of both focusing ways. Choose the one you like best.

I personally try to see life as a Christian, but I have to recognize that I am also and irredeemable individual who likes music, secular music too. Specially that one of my younger years so full of hopes and transcendental longings!

At this precise moment I am listening to music as a background sound for my thoughts. It has been such a pleasure to go through all my records, C.Ds, the internet, and old long plays, to prepare the aleatory carpet of Christian and secular musical videos that sooth my spirit while I sit and write.

And about the musical videos that well intentioned secular people composed, I am here presenting two of them to you… Enjoy them! Both the lyrics as well as the background and the music.


I´ll keep going on! I´ll keep on believing, even if the rest lose their hopes.
I will keep on building, even if others destroy what I do.

I will keep on loving, even if others only spread hate around.
I will keep asking for Peace, even in the midst of war.

I will keep on lighting up even in the darkest of the nights.
And I will keep on planting even if others traipse upon the harvest or the seeds.

I will paint smiles on the tears full faces, softly soothing their pain, if I see they are hurt.
And I will keep on shouting even if others silence their voice.

I will spread nuggets of laughter among the hopelessly sad.
I’ll invite to keep on walking those who had decided to quit,
lifting by their arms those who have given up.

Because in the midst of desolation,
there will always be a child looking with hope at us,
waiting for what we could give to them.

Because in the midst of the storms, somewhere,
the sun will always rise up
and there always be an oasis in the deserts for the thirst and the heat.
And there will always be a child smiling at us
and a humming bird beautifully fluttering its wings.

But, if some day you see I have quit, do not smile or keep silent,
just come to me and give me a kiss, a hug or a smile.

That will be more than enough!

Probably what have happened to me is that life slapped my face,
and surprised me in a second of hesitation and pain.

Only that gesture of yours will make me get back on the track.

Do not ever forget.

Blowing in the wind! The answer is blowing in the wind!

How many roads must a man walk down before they call him a man?

How many seas must a white dove sail before she sleeps in the sand?
How many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned?

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind.
The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind.

How many years must a mountain exist before it is washed to the sea?
How many years can some people exist before they are allowed to be free?
How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn´t see ?

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind.
The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind.

How many times must a man look up before he can see the sky?
How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take ´till he knows that too many people are dying?

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind.
The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind.


No comments: