Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WHAT VALUES ARE THESE?

Just a few hours ago I had gone back to the assertion that dreams can be and must be turn into realities. I had had some errors in attaching the sound to the similar posting I had placed at the beginning of this month.

I do not believe in coincidences. With due respect to the free will God has endowed us with, He… lovingly leads our steps unto the right tracks for our living!

This is just what life is all about! Steps! Tracks! Paths! Walking! Journeys! Living! Until the final rest come.

It is a biological fact that men are built for strength and surges of the stamina required to get what´s needed for his and his family, nucleus support. And generalizing we can state that mankind is built for its collective societies at large.

Females, on their part, are built for endurance, stubborn and timely assertion of their role as nourishers and protectors as well. And with their uncanny perception they hit right on target on what is missing, lacking, distorted or abused.

Where we men try to solve by the force of our strength, or despair if we see it waning into the twilight of our final steps on this earth, they stand up and state what the fundamental is and where we are missing the points.

Thanks, grandma, for your steadfastness and resolve. Thanks for your reminder of what absolute values are and what relativistic values we adopt. Thanks, for your asking back for Consideration, Love and Respect.
A GRANDMA QUERY AND REQUEST


I want to be “a person” again! I was raised in a morally oriented home. In my childhood thieves looked like what they were… Thieves!

Our main concern was to be kicked out for pounding the floor with our feet for not playing our music before the start of the Sunday movie matinee.

It was unconceivable to argue back with teachers, cops, elders or authorities.

Relatives… Neighbors… all deserved and expected Consideration and Respect! The nearer to us or older than us… more affection and love!

We trusted adults because all were fathers and mothers of all the boys, all the girls from our street, our neighborhood and town.

We just feared the dark, the frogs, the horror movies, not the news and abuse of today.

Today I am utterly sad for all that we have lost. For all my grandchildren will fear or will have to endure some day.

Unlimited rights for the criminals and responsibilities for the honest ones. To pay on time is for idiots but not the acquitting of the crooks. To not take advantage of everything is to be foolish.

What has happened to us? White collar thieves, angel faced killers, white haired pedophiles! What has happened to us? Starvation dying kids!
What type of values are these?

A MOTHERLY CALL TO GOOD AND COMMON SENSE

I want to be happy again! What type of values are these?
Cars considered more valuable than hugs!
Children thinking they deserve them just for barely passing a grade!
Cell phones and IPods in the backpacks of recently weaned ones!
TVs. DVDs. Videogames…


What will you want in exchange of a kiss, my son?


An Armani suit is more valuable than a graduation certificate!
A huge flat plasma TV than conversing at home!
A make up session than a shared ice cream!
What type of homes are these?
Running around youngsters, absentminded parents!


What is that?


Omnipresent drugs? A tree, a hen, a flower, a star?

When it was when everything that was good disappeared or became a laughingstock?
When it was when I isolated myself?
When it was that I forgot my neighbor´s name?
When it was that I looked without fear that one who asked me for food, for clothing and shoes?

I want my dignity and peace back!
I want law and order back!
I want to be free and secure again!
I do not want iron bars that prevent me from caressing the flowers on my windowsills!
I want to sit at my porch or at the patio without fear!
I want my doors open on the summer nights!
I want honesty to be an honor badge again!
I want solidarity and self-respect to reign again!

Down with that of “having to have”!
Cheers to “the need to be”!
I loved my simple and common world.

Could we be real people again?
To be able to reject the absurdity of today?

I want a better world where people respect others without regard to color, creed, position or belief!
And people who do not step on others with manipulation and lies to get power and control!

UTOPIAN DREAMS? NO!
It is possible if you and me, together, do our part “contaminating” others with our quest!
UTOPIAN DREAMS? NO!
It is possible if those we reach “contaminate” more people, and the cycle goes on and on!

Let´s start by passing this message on!

No comments: