Saturday, March 7, 2009

LET THE CHILDREN SING

I have just partially watched again on the TV the movie I consider is the most compelling one in order to make us stop and shake ourselves out of any complacent, indifferent or cowardly faint-hearted rationalization of evil in this world

The movie on the Rwanda’s one million lives genocide, titled “Every year in April” showing us the painful, the ruthless, unbelievable, indescribable, uncontrolled hate and prejudice, shook me out of myself utterly saddening the deepest feelings of my heart.

I have been often joked about by one of my sons for my tendency to pile at least three adjectives to every concept I consider fundamental.

It has been a tendency based on the awareness that because of their fundamentality there are never single projections that could expose their essence, their context and their relationship with what shakes the almost infinite egotism and self-centeredness of human kind

But this time I almost ran out of speech and thoughts! And I had to come back to my ivory cell to ruminate and try to find again the essential spiritual balance to keep going on.

I had left running on the recording of the message I wanted to convey in relation to the abuse of the children everywhere and the dire consequences to all of us, the abusers and the abused, the manipulators and the gullible, the wicked operators and the indifferent bystanders that populate this earth.

But as I said in my latest posting in my remembrance of the counsels of my beloved grandfather, we first must determine and define the illness, and the weakness, and the maladies that afflict and destroy.

And then, we must look ahead and trust the omniscience of the Lord and the stamina and resilience of the children who will rule and live in the future ambience of their world.

Supposedly everybody loves a child but also many abuse them, kill them and destroy. What a dire example is the Rwandan genocide, where thousands of Tutsis babies, boys and men, girls and women were killed, raped and hurt!

Just because the Hutus felt they were different! Just because they thought they threatened their way of living and greed of power and control!

And that is the core of the message context in the video you will see. Meditate on its images and words, and then, meditate on the wording of the background song that I translate at the end.
Let´s ask ourselves… are we a Hutu, a Tutsi, or what else?

Here is the context of the video-message!

“Hello my friends…! Aren´t the children sweet little ones…? Yep, we can all agree on that! Aren´t they beautiful…? Isn´t that so…? Of course… they could not be softer than they are!!

But… ¿do you realize? That there are “different” children than the ones you, in here, see?

Somewhere right at this moment on earth… a child is hurt, abused… and who knows? Dying too!

Are there differences between them? For God´s Sake…!No! In their hearts and their minds they have the same dream!

But, Are these kids really different at all? Sadly, Yes! Some of them are sure their parents will bring them candies when back from work!

But, others? They only have in mind one thing… ONLY ONE…! TO SURVIVE! DO WE SEE NOW THE DIFFERENCES?

This is the world we live in…! It is the system our procrastinating silence has fed! But, Let´s not worry at all!When this presentation is over… we will forget! AS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE…! But, really…? CAN WE FORGET IT?

Dear friends. Let´s stop here and turn over the negative side of the coin of the injustice and the pain!

Let´s see the positive side of it. Let´s raise our hands and pray and trust that the children of tomorrow will rein back and control and erase those injustices and pain and will make themselves a better and graceful world!

Let’s listen and sing with the children the background song!

LET THE CHILDREN SING!

Let the children sing, let them raise their voice, so they force the world to listen.

Let them join their voices and reach the sun. In them resides the truth!

Let the children sing, the ones who live in peace and those who are enduring pain.

Let them sing for those who will not sing because their voice has been shot

I sing so I am let live! I sing so my mama can smile!

I sing so the sky can be blue! I sing for the sea not to be soiled!

I sing for those who have no bread! I sing so the flower can be left alone!
I sing for the world to be happy! I sing so I do not listen the guns!

Let the children sing, let them raise their voice, so they force the world to listen.

Let them join their voices and reach the sun. In them resides the truth!

Let the children sing, the ones who live in peace and those who are enduring pain.

Let them sing for those who will not sing because their voice has been shot

I sing for the garden to be green! I sing so no one switch off my sun!

I sing for the one who has not learnt to write! I sing for the one who write poems of love!
I sing so my voice can be heard! I sing to see if I lead them to think!

I sing because I want a happy world! I sing just in case someone wants to hear!

Let the children sing, let them raise their voice, so they force the world to listen.

Let them join their voices and reach the sun. In them resides the truth!

Let the children sing, the ones who live in peace and those who are enduring pain.
Let them sing for those who will not sing because their voice has been shot

No comments: