Monday, March 9, 2009

THE BURDEN AND CONCERN OF THE AGE AND THE EXPERIENCES…

It is a fact, and an unavoidable one! We cannot close our eyes to the dark realities that we were part of or witnessed while walking along the paths of life in our ongoing journey.

It has been repeatedly said that never before through the ages men have seen so many fast developing events, showing the best and the worst in the electrifying crescendo of progress, confusion and abuse.

The proliferating ways to communicate has been the road and the means for manipulation and gullibility.

We have, despairing, seen how the popping up operators of all types and gender have made of the manipulation of the emotions of the crowds the infallible tool to obliterate every conscious attempt of the individuals for impartiality and balance.

It has come as a logical temptation the impulse to let things go by taking refuge in the melancholic and pessimistic stance of a witness with no conviction of the feasibility that their willful advice would receive the merest and lessest consideration by the busiest ants of the human collective behavior.

I have not been the exception in this challenging game.

Age keeps piling up so many contradictions and growing lack of love and respect among my peers and all over the world and its conflicting societies.

I have, at times, found myself humming the words and the music of the moving song that serves as the background music of these ruminating thoughts, especially when news of departures of my classmates and friends reach the ivory tower of my retirement years.

Let´s be honest and keep on analyzing and defining what afflicts all mankind in general and our collective surroundings in particular.

It is not a shame to expose our inner convictions and weaknesses and despair. It is a shame to cover them up and act nonchalantly as if nothing has happened or if did does not affect us and our immediate circle of people we care for.

Let´s vent our despair with the lyrics and the music of that song that so clearly states our experiences and longings for the immediate future, to sit back and relax.

And then with new gathered strength and determination keep on walking on, keep on leading on, keep on warning and showing the potential solutions to the social maladies of today. Because the Lord will not allow us to drop out from the race!

He called His most significant leaders when they had already reached their presumably very old age.

And then He used them to break the bondage and release His people from the yoke of the tyrants of this world.

Because concern, experience, human weakness but divinely inspired wisdom are required to be the instruments of the care and love of the Lord for His failing, ailing and suffering people.

Let´s, without shame, recognize that what we know, what we have witnessed, what it makes us despair and long for an early departure to a well earned place of rest.

Nobody knows the trouble I´ve seen! Nobody knows but Jesus. Nobody knows the trouble I´ve seen! Glory! Hallelujah!

Sometimes I´m up! Sometimes I´m down! Oh, yes, Lord! Sometimes I´m almost to the ground! Oh, yes, Lord!

Nobody knows the trouble I´ve seen! Nobody knows but Jesus. If everybody knows the trouble I´ve seen Glory! Hallelujah!

If you get there before I do… Oh, yes, Lord! Tell all my friends I´m coming too… Oh, yes, Lord!

Although you see me going lonesome, Oh, yes, Lord! I have my trials well below… Oh, yes, Lord! If everybody knows the trouble I´ve seen, Glory! Hallelujah!

If you get there before I do… Oh, yes, Lord! Tell all my friends I´m coming too… Oh, yes, Lord! Nobody knows! Nobody knows! Amen.

No comments: