Monday, March 30, 2009

BLESS ME, LORD!

If we ever understand that by God´s grace we are not those given talents slaves but the chosen and accepted children and friends who share His love and His concern for His people.

If we ever understand the privilege of being channels of His Love and Care and decide to be His pliant hands and instruments to soothe the pains, the abuses and the ailments of this world.

If we ever decide to leave the egotistical platitude of chasing the rainbows of happiness as the world understands it.

If we ever decide to give out of love, not only what abounds in our baskets, and is received without real merit, but it is sorely needed by others who despair about getting.

If we ever decide to give not until it hurts because this means up to the limit of our plenitude, but even if it hurts because this means we are giving out of ourselves and our scarcity and need.

Then, and only then, we will be able to pray, sincerely, genuinely, spiritually more than emotionally, and from the bottom of our hearts, asking Him for the following blessings of our senses which are the basic and intrinsic part of our human being.

Bless my hands, Lord, so they become sensitive ones, knowing how to take but never grasp and retain, so they know how to give without calculating purpose, having the strength to bless and soothe.

Bless my eyes, Lord, so they know how to perceive needs not forgetting ever what does not dazzle anyone; so they see under the surface, so others may feel happier through my way of seeing them.

Bless my ears, Lord, so they know how to listen to your voice and very clearly perceive the silent shouts of the afflicted; so they become deaf to the useless noise and windbaging, but not to the voices that call and ask to be heard and understood, even if they disturb my placid comfort.

Bless my lips, Lord, so I can testify about you, and do not say anything that hurts or destroys; so they only utter pain alleviating words; so I never betray shared confidence and secrets; so I may raise hopeful smiles in the stressed out people.

Bless my heart, Lord, so it can be a living temple of Your Spirit; so it may give warmth and refuge; so it can be generously forgiving and understanding; so it learns to share pain and joy through overflowing love.
So, my God, you can make use of me with everything I am, with everything I posses
.

No comments: