Thursday, August 5, 2010

How can we know what´s the measure of failure or success? The Ws, Xs, Ys and Zs of Life and Death!



This afternoon I was walking back home, having gone out to walk my six months female dog, when I crossed paths, on our corner sidewalk with a very small girl, no more than four or five years old, holding the hand of her mother, who was carrying a backpack, bigger than the little girl.



I had been wondering, for weeks, what I should do with my writings and “video made” Powerpoint presentations.


My dilemma has been, if posting them in my Facebook page for the benefit and information of my friends, or posting them in my blog webpage, opening myself to the scrutiny of anyone who cared to read and see them.

The little girl was repeating, once and then again, and in a loud voice, the letters, w, x, y, and z!

The melodic sound of her childish voice struck the innerest cords of my mind, my heart, and my spirit, and made me wonder what I said at the beginning of these words…


How can we know what´s the measure of failure or success?

In life? In what really counts?

In what you can´t deny when you are alone with yourself?

In what rises up when you are seeing around,
as I am in this right moment, a bunch of skiers
jumping up and down the coldest snowy hills of this world?

Or when you become exasperated,
watching the politicians and the manipulators.
excuse me…
should I have said states-men?, states-women?, international personalities?, investors and big money makers of this world?



Do you see it?
There is ample room to choose your circus spectacle role playing!

You can choose whoever you want to be!

A trapeze flier! A clown!

A lion or panther handler placing your head inside their jaws!

A bombastic and grandiloquent announcer, commentator, analyst, or pharisaical spreader of the most scandalous the better, news, scandals, crimes or human perversions!

A flashy puppet! Or just a mesmerized spectator!

I do not want to be seen or considered a puritanical soothsayer.
I have never been such a personage.
I have always tried to find the inherent logic and the beauty in the most dissimilar circumstances.
I have enjoyed life, even if, at times, in a kind of sinful,
but enticing, and not imposing on others, abusing ways.

Because I have always respected the boundaries of self determination, steadfastness, rightfulness and truth, in everything I have tackled with.

This has been my invariable conviction, even if a costly one, most of the time, in my already forgotten projects planning and management, as well as the personally living and lived, challenges, along my already long lasting, and never boring, life.

I have lived through a lot! I have wandered from the top to the abysses of these changing circumstances that have constituted and given flavor to my life!

I have, as my favorite song says, sometimes chewed more than I could eat, even after spitting it out! I have had more than I would have desired, share of losing, as the years have passed and I have been part of the unending struggle of the world I have been immersed in.

But, even if I cried, at times, when hardships have hit my own people, I have always kept my faith in an ever loving father, who is my God, but more than God my faithfullest friend!

I know my time is almost at its end! I know my feet are not as fast and sure as they were before! My knees falter at times, but my spirit soars above the clouds of my imagination, my feelings and my dreams, as in Isaiah 40:31,

And this, along with the remembrances I have treasured along the way, is what I want to softly say to the younger ones, who are beginning to face life and walk through their own dreams hoping to turn them into pleasant realities.

I wanted to tell this little girl, and in her to the little child still hidden within me, that yes, it is a comforting and encouraging truth, that, “yet, those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary”.
May the Lord bless my children, my grandchildren, as well as all the older and the younger of this world, who as the little girl, loaded with the bigger size than hers, backpack of her first words learning task, while they loudly and determined repeat in louder voices, their w, x, y, and z, of the lessons of life.

I still do not know if I will use my blog or my Facebook pages to give myself out for all to see, wonder, criticize, laugh at, or find some hints on how to avoid unnecessary pains and failures, but, meanwhile, keep on saying as I will also say to myself, that we still need to learn our w, x, y, and z!

But I want, first of all, and before going on my way, to give thanks to all those friends, who, faithfully, send me what they find interesting in the waves of the internet, or the newspapers of their world, because they become the material source of my comments, and the progression of my thoughts and understanding of this life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good!it' s very useful!thx!

Emilio Padilla Morales & Gladys de Padilla said...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "How can we know what´s the measure of failure or s...":

it's such a tickety-boo site. imaginary, acutely interesting!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Awesome post, just want to say thanks for the share

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am really delighted to discover this. great job!