Friday, September 25, 2009

IN PEACE

Because by understanding it so, we can approach our twilights, with a sincere recognition to the goodnesses and blessings received, in peace with life, owing her anything and being owed nothing, too.

Amado Nervo, the mexican poet, said it as it should be said: precise, concise, without unnecesary flourishings that hide the fundamental truths we should abide by, up to our last breath.

I bless you life as I get ready to leave you, because you never gave me failed hopes, unjust labors or unmerited sorrows.

Because at the end of my rough walking I see that I was the architect of my own fate and destiny.

And if I extracted honey or bile from occurences it was because I had firstly placed in them bile or honey; when I planted rosebushes I always harvested roses.

Certainly, my spring exuberance will be replaced by winter. But you never told me that May would last forever.

No doubt that I felt unending the nights of my sorrows. But you never promised me I would only have good ones.

And somehow I had some of them saintly unrrufled.

I loved. I was loved. The sun caressed my face.

Life, you owe me nothing!

Life, we are both in peace!


No comments: