Monday, November 30, 2009

The nonsensical, blinds guiding blinds games of today!



The fleeting fruits and moments of life!

A few days ago I received through the internet email grapevine a message titled “your belongings” in Spanish.


It powerfully called my attention and I translated it adding some comments at the end, starting with a potential scenario in which the man woke up from his slumbering death, as a child resting in “himself adult hands”.


The purpose of this awakening was to be able to profit from the teachings that sometimes or oftentimes require that we die, or that we are taken away from the whirlwind of the dizzying world circumstances we are immersed in.


I had already posted it in my blog, even if I felt that something to be said was missing, but I had not wanted to keep on negatively pounding my thoughts upon the table.


I wanted to send a positive message to my sons and closest friends. I wanted to encourage my grandchildren and their friends.


But this “Sunday November 29th. 2009 Honduran elections”, and the unending and tiring appearance in all types of scenarios by the international players of all types, plus the myriad of television commentaries, have made me change my mind.

It is a blessed circumstance that the internet provides us with a podium where all types of comments are available, and we can express ourselves without restrictions.


I woke up early today to erase my posting, and add this preamble which I know will become the essence of what I wanted to convey in the first place. I hope the odiogo program that allows me to listen to what I write, allows me this time to erase what it was already complemented and change it and replace it with these additional commentaries.

Sometimes, when I embark myself in what totally absorbs my mind and conversations, which is the social behavior and political shenanigans, my wife asks me to be short, precise and concise in my conversations and writings.

She makes me remember my school days teachers, but times have changed, and the instrument and method is to incessantly pound over and over, until the message gets across and minds and wills are changed or manipulated.

Coming back to the Honduran elections, the subtle attitude changes, but still stubborn attempts to impose views and decisions that correspond to the Honduran people, just because they are poor, made me remember a game my four sons played when they were young and seated around the family dining table.

Because what is happening is or could be somehow twisted and used as an excuse by the political players that are so intent nowadays in controlling their peoples, in the name of the uneducated and manipulated masses.

My sons started the game by solemnly uttering a usual absurd opening statement. Then in a fast firing mood every one of them answered or added to the discussion the most absurd, solemn, nonsensical, unrelated reply or additional proposition.

And the game went on, without a pause, without blinking, without smiles, without paying attention to what was already said, until one of them winked, laughed, or started blinking, and this way being taken out of the game.

I usually added my part, until I took them all out of the game, sometimes staring at them, without blinking, without uttering a single word. Other times I did the opposite, quietly laughing and repeating to myself the silliest statements thrown around the table.

That´s what I feel directed to do today. I strongly feel that if every conscious person did the same, quietly laughing at or silently telling these well paid players and commentators to shut up and mind their own personal business, things could be better in all the aspects and levels of society.

But this takes balance, integrity, consciousness about what is right, just, and necessary, as well as the resolve to not let ourselves be oppressed and manipulated by the empty but bold and daring messianic agitators of today.

Because we cannot waste our time! Life is too short and we cannot expect to be given another chance by rebirthing ourselves as a child in our own hands, as I place as a potential scenario in my comments to the message I refer to in the video.



YOUR BELONGINGS!


A man suddenly died…

He realized that God was placing a bag by his side.
And telling him: My son, it´s time to leave and start walking!

The man, surprised, replied, why so soon? I had plans and many!
I am sorry, my son, but your time is over!

The man then asked God…
What´s inside the bag that you are carrying?

Your belongings, my son!

My things? My clothes? My money?
No!
Those were never yours.
They belonged to the earth down here.

Are my memories inside?
No!
They are not with you anymore.
They were kept, as his, by the time!

Are my talents inside?
No, my son.
They stayed back with the circumstances!

My family and friends?
No.
They were never yours. They were of the journey!

Well, at least you left me my wife and my children.
No.
They were never yours. They belonged to your heart!


Do you have my body in there?
No.
It was made out of dust and it had to go back to dust!


Then, are you giving me back my soul?
No.
It was never yours. It belonged to me!

Then, the man, fearful,
took the bag away from God and opened it.
He realized, surprised, that it was empty!

With a tear rolling down his cheek, the man asked God…
Did I never have anything?

Yes, my son. You had every moment you lived.
They were all yours to do the best you could while living them!

Life is just a series of breathed moments.
Moments all yours! Enjoy them to the hilt!
Make the most and best, out of them!

Do not let any of the things
you believed yours and weren’t to stop you.

And as a final, short, precise and concise comment as my wife so dearly likes, I want to add, that if we have the opportunity, or hopefully a second chance if we have wasted our first one…


Share them; give them to the ones who need them!
Place your hope and treasure in the heavens!


So, this potential scenario could be possible if God´s grace and mercy allows it.


And the man woke up, again, as a child,
To live life as we should live it!

BECAUSE


Nowadays, when there is so much confusion and noise,
Financial madness, vitriolic arguments,
Political Messianism, and violence,
mainly, and basically due to the boldness of the wicked,


Because of the idleness, the faked indifference,
and the feigned opposition of the irresolute and the weaker!

And these nonsensical situations make me remember my grandfather,
who,

When we were noisily fighting and pranking,
Used to, soberly, tell us,
With an admonishing finger tapping over our foreheads…

Behave! What´s the need to jump and holler,
When the floor is flat and even?




BECAUSE
Time just fly away!

Keep in mind this question.
Where will everybody be, fifty or a hundred years from now ?

Time just fly away!

Use your time wisely, while you have it!

No comments: