Sunday, October 17, 2010

THAT´S LIFE!

I do want to close this homage to friendship with some references to what life is in the eyes of many ones, who have lived it, even if not from, probably, a Christian perspective, but full of braveness, optimism, and openness to the fact that every circumstance adds an additional bit of flavor to a life that, otherwise, would be so limited and dreary.

Some will find the way back to God´s friendship, the most desired for in times of troubles, and of blessings and solitudes, too.

By doing so, they, me included, have been able to close the loop and tie up the loose strings of a life that would have been, again, otherwise, so dreadfully wasted.

O.C. Smith, one of my favorite singers of decades past, was one of them. He was able to turn his life into one of service to God, with the example, his dreams, his voice and his experience.

For all this, is why his song about life is so fitting to close my comments on this wonderful gift from God, life and friendship, with him with ourselves, with the rest of the people, even those who antagonize our way of thinking, believing and doing.

For all this, again, let´s sing with him, from the bottom of our hearts and feelings!

That´s life! That´s what people say. Riding high in April, shot down in May. But I know I´m gonna change that tune when I´m back on top on June.

That´s life! Funny as it seems… some people get their kicks stepping on dreams. I won´t let it get me down. This old world keeps spinning around.

I´ve been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a paw and a king. I´ve been up and down, and over and out, and I know one thing: every time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get me back in the race.

That´s life, I can´t deny it. Oh, I thought of quitting buy my heart won´t buy. If I didn´t think it was worth a try, you know I’d would roll up in a big ball and die.

One morning I´d would roll up in a big ball and I would die!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "How can we know what´s the measure of failure or s...":

Excellent blog! I genuinely get enjoyment from how it' s easy on my eyes and also the details are amply written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a modern delivery has been made. I accept subscribed to your rss feed which should do the trick! Receive a cordial light of day!