Sunday, October 17, 2010

HOMAGE TO FRIENDSHIP!

Richard, my dear friend, and in you, all those whom I met and shared my life with…

In life there are transcendental changes that indelibly seal the phases we go through. It could be a change of fortunes, social status, or living environment, forced or voluntary ones.

Changes in our vision of how to live our life! Different alternatives sought for or forced… again! So many things! So many incidents, fierily branding our emotions and spirits!

Wisdom and experience are not the instruments to accumulate possessions at the expense of the Inner Peace, our own, or that of our own ones.

They are not anything else but the consequences of our adapting to and our positive acceptance of what have been popping up all along our walking paths.

A fundamental premise is the recognition of the fact of, having been given free will by our Creator… our decisions will inevitably bring logical consequences. Sometimes well deserved, other times clearly unjust! But not capable, just for it, to destroy us, if we do not allow it! Or even worst, to lead us to spiritual suicide, which is the worst of all of them!

God, in His infinite generosity, is always ready to give us what we need to walk through life. Enjoying what of good nature offers us! Learning from the failures that confront us, to take us apart from what is harmful or negative.

It is for all this that we are able to walk unharmed, through the different phases that make up the framework of our lives. Making, if we decide so, whatever possible to change our surroundings!

One by one, not in the midst of multitudes, who most of the times hide themselves, in the anonymity of the masses, to bring up all that´s twisted, and malignant, in the human personality!

I am already at the top of my occurrences´ plentiful 73 well and fully lived years. Years of sharing with “all types of people” of “all social standing levels”!

I, still enjoy the blissfulness of going, joined and supported by my wife, contrary to you, who already saw her, departing for her eternal blissful resting! I don´t know if I will be the first to go, or if she will precede me, in this final and decisive change.

But we have the joy of knowing that, in our pilgrimage, we always found friends, friends like you all, eternal friends, temporary ones, generous and understanding friends, as well as those who erroneously judged us, enriching, contradictorily, and incomprehensively, our existence.

Thanks God, I have always been like a stubborn child, refusing to be depressed no matter how traumatic my experiences. My love for reading, my awareness of others´ points of views, and its analysis, my fondness for picture taking… augmenting my emotional reserves for the times of need of encouragement, as well as any bouts of doubt, uncertainty, tiredness or discouragement!

My reckoning of everything I have encountered while walking… The musical and the thought full moments that this material world as let me enjoy… For the good in them, because not everything is wrong in this world…

And, finally, my recurrences to my God, who has always been there, present… protecting us, individually, as well as, we, as a family… through all kinds of changes, experiences, sorrows and blissful times.

All of this has allowed me to understand what it really is the reality of our earthly living. In them, often, I take refuge. I hope them also useful for any of you. Even if, and only as a benevolent remembrance from a friend who cares for you.




No comments: