Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1b. Love and Un-love are the two sides of the coin of life, gyrating out of control these days!

Let´s meditate on the shaking testimonies of the children, as well as that of the elders who really care, and see the disastrous effects of the abuse inflicted by the lack of love.


LET´S MEDITATE ON THE REASONS FOR THE SHORTENED LIFE OF SARAH, THE LITTLE GIRL.


I must be stupid! I must be bad! Because, what other reason my mom could have, to be angry with me?

I would like to be a better one! I would like not to be ugly anymore! Maybe, then, my mom would like to hug me as I would like to be!

I must not talk! I must not misbehave! If I do so I would be locked in the closet all day long!

When I wake up I am always alone! The house is dark for hours and hours!
When mami comes back I will try to be a good girl, even if she does not love me nor hugs me because she feels sorry to do so.

Do not make the slightest noise! I just heard the door is opening;
my dad has come back, drunk, from a bar.
I hear him angry, shouting my name,
and against a wall I tried to push myself.

I try to hide from his horrible stare.
I cannot hold my crying. I am scared.
He finds me, crying. He insults me.
He tells me I am the cause of his problems.
That all of them are my fault!

He starts hitting me! Keeps on shouting at me!

I escape from his grip, and run away, still crying.
I fall down, my bones hurting.
My dad tells me words that I do not understand.

Please forgive me, I shout at him. But it is too late.
His angry face looks like it is burning.
The punches and the words do really hurt.

I ask Father God for mercy,
but my dad does not seem to hear or care

Finally he ends and walks out the door,
while I lie almost dead, on the floor.

My name was Sarah.
I was only three years old.
Today, my father killed me
without mercy and remorse.





No comments: