Saturday, July 17, 2010

Part three: IN PEACE !

If we keep ourselves faithful, resilient, and persistent, it will come a day when we will, exultantly, and accurately, be able to proclaim, for all to hear, that we are in peace!

Since my High School years I have always liked poetry. I even wrote and won some minor prizes under a pseudonym while I was a military cadet.

One of the poems that I liked most, even if, at that time, the least I could think was that it would apply some day to my life, was, and still is, with real cause today, the poem written by the Mexican poet and diplomat Amado Nervo, IN PEACE.

I have come to learn that living life to its fullest extent is not to climb and desperately stick ourselves to the top of the mountains, at any cost, despite the snow, freezing winds and emptiness that usually come as a collateral to the worldly prize of recognition and success.

Worst of all is to synthesize success as just the mere acquisition of social standing and financial abundance or excess, at the expense of inner peace, and the blissful solitude and enjoyment of the memories that tell you, once and then again, that you overcame with honors the uproar of the compromising storms that attacked your integrity and self-esteem.

Being in peace, while we live through our golden years is not the end of the road. It is, instead, the fundamental phase in life where the meaning and transcendence reside in the passing out the baton of the accumulated experiences.

By doing so, the new generations, at least, will not conveniently say that they did not know where the fateful detours and mistakes were waiting to deviate them from the straightforward path that would lead them to the higher levels of fulfillment in what it really matters in this life.

I truly hope, that someday, every one of you, those who, even if for a fleeting moment pay attention to these words, will be able to say, as I say today: Life, you owe me nothing! Life, we are both in peace!

BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT IT REALLY LIFE IS WORTHY TO BE LIVED.

TO FINALLY BE ABLE TO SAY WE ARE FINALLY IN PEACE!

AND INDIVIDUALLY SAY…


I bless you life as I get ready to leave you,

because you never gave me failed hopes,

unjust labors or unmerited sorrows.

Because at the end of my rough life´s walking,

I see I was the architect of my own fate and destiny.

And if I extracted honey or bile from occurrences,

it was because I had, firstly, placed in them bile or tasty honey:

when I planted rosebushes I always harvested roses.

Certainly my springs will be replaced by winter:

but you never told me May would last forever!

No doubt that I felt unending the nights of my sorrows;

but you never promised I would only have good ones;

and in exchange I had some of them saintly unruffled.

I loved. I was loved. The sun caressed my face.
Life, you owe me nothing!
Life, we are both in peace!



RELAX! GOD IS IN CONTROL!


No comments: