Tuesday, March 9, 2010

LIFE AND ROSES!

As I have stated from time to time, I have become part of a movement of caring people who are really and deeply concerned about raising up their voices to state what they believe in relation to the ongoing accelerated progression of collective moral values in our societies.

My little seed has been to turn these thoughts into the English version in order to comply with the desires of distribution expressed by their original authors. Felipe de Urca is one of them, and I feel privileged in doing so, after I got to know about him through some of my dearest friends.

I was pleasantly surprised in finding out he has been planting his little seeds and spreading them on the winds for already a thousand times. And with an additional blog, too! I am translating here two of his last ones, making mine his words.

There is a need to be persistent in our efforts, even if rational minds tell us we could be wasting our time. I hope that by translating the messages we get to reach more sea stars in the maelstrom of the present times, taking them back to safer places to become witnesses of the real possibility of a better future for mankind. Enjoy them!



MY LITTLE SEEDS! One thousand ones! March 1st. 2010.

One day, walking on the beach I saw an old man, picking up something from time to time, and throwing it into the sea. He was doing this time and time again! As soon as I got nearer I realized he was picking up sea stars, thrown upon the shores by the tides, to throw them back into the waves!

Intrigued, I asked him why he was doing that, and he answered me: I am throwing them back to the ocean. As you see the tide is low and they have been left behind, and if they do not go back to the water they will die for lack of oxygen!

I understand, I told him. But there must be thousands of sea stars on the beach. You can´t throw them all back! There are too many! And you don´t realize this probably is happening over hundred of beaches along the shores.
Aren´t you doing something meaningless?

The old man smiled, he bent down and picked another sea star, and while he throw it back, he answered me… For this one it had it!

Every message I send in my “LITTLE SEEDS” is a little sea star I throw back into the ocean! I know that, in this complicated and accelerated world, a single gesture of tenderness and solidarity maybe is not enough! I can´t do anything to solve the maladies and sorrows of the whole world, but I can do a lot generously trying to help
within the small circle where I have been placed to live in.

If just once and if through these messages I make you stop and meditate, be emotionally moved, convicted,
laugh or even cry… then, you are one of those sea stars, gone back to tell the others that kindness does indeed exist, and is worthy to be kind, and that there are, still, peoples who believe in the good inside
of the other peoples!

I desire the best for you, with all my heart, and may God allow my “LITTLE SEEDS” to keep on bringing Light, Hope and Love to those who receive them and resend them. Thanks, my Lord, for the 1000 daily bulletins already published and the more than a million visits to the internet blog! FELIPE DE URCA. March 1st. 2010.




THE GREEN STAR OF HOPE!

THERE WAS A TIME IN HEAVENS

WHEN THERE WERE MIRIADS OF ALL COLORS...

SILVERY, GREEN, GOLDEN, RED, BLUE.

One day they asked God to live on earth among the peoples.

He agreed but told them He would keep them as small

as they were seen from down earth.



That night there was a beautiful rain of stars falling down.

Some lightened up the churches towers.

Some ran around and played with butterflies and fireflies.

Some mixed with the children toys…

And the earth was wonderfully illuminated!



But the time came when they decided to go back home to heavens.

And the Lord told them He understood why.

Their place was in heavens.

Where everything is perfect, immutable, eternal, imperishable!

While earth is the place of the transient, the fleeting, the falling,

the mistaken, the dying!

In other words, the imperfect and the trying!


After counting them all, God found one was missing.

An angel told him… No, Lord, one star decided to stay back and live among the peoples!

She discovered her place was where imperfections are omnipresent,

all around are limits, things go usually wrong,

and all is hard, tough and trying!



What star is that? The Lord asked, again.

The star of hope! The green star!

The only one with that color!



And when they looked down, again, they saw the star was not alone.

The earth was illuminated again

because there was a little star in everyone´s heart!

Because the only thing that man has and God does not need, is hope!

God already knows the future

and hope is for the one who does not know it!

Receive that little star, hope, in your heart! YOUR STAR!

DO NOT LET HER LEAVE! DO NOT ALLOW HER

TO EXTINGUISH HERSELF AND DIE!

Be assured she will always light up your path!

Be positive always and be grateful to God for it

and the star He has given you!


God is good. He gives us the desires of our hearts. For many years, while being involved in a very satisfactory life filled with planning, and setting into operation, projects of the most diverse nature, I always longed to have time to relax, rest, and being a witness to so many past experiences of many as well as mine.

He has allowed me to spend my days in a very safe and cozy neighborhood where garden roses and beautiful scenery abound. I have been specially blessed to be able to witness, in a daily basis, the birthing, growing, maturing, seeing their petals gracefully split away and nurture the ground from where new roses will sprout in due time.

One of the greatest pleasure I have had is to be able to walk around taking pictures of the rivulets of beauty that are there, for us to enjoy, if we take the time and we open our minds to it. They are part of my life, today, and of the message on “Life and Roses” that I dedicate to all those workaholics of today, as I was for years, thankfully, already past, over, and gone, but leaving me time still to enjoy the rest of my living cycle.

These flowers and other pictures now adorn the screen of my laptop, for my enjoyment, relaxation and leisure. They have become part of my life. I hope they do the same for you, at least the few ones I included in my following video. They teach us a lot, in a quiet way, spreading out their beauty in a silent but immensely powerful way.

They have taught me a life lesson that eluded my mind and my spirit for such a long a time. Birthing, living and dying are just the chain links of an unending circle both for Nature and mankind. In this, Nature is way ahead than men, despite our self proclaimed superiority and intelligence, that so many times is blatantly controversial and destructive.

If we could really listen, pay attention, consider the logic of their living cycles, and act accordingly… how different our life could be! How more pleasant! How less intent on abusing and oppressing, knowing that we are just pages being flipped over by the winds of time and circumstances! And how worthier lessons of wisdom and experience could be our legacy and inheritance to our children and mankind!



LIFE AND ROSES!

LIFE IS LIFE. AND ROSES KNOW WELL,
AND MUCH BETTER THAN ALL OF US,
HOW TO LIVE IT!

Life it seems that is and it has always been

full of pain and sorrows!

Should it be like this?

While we go on living full of sap and energies…
we never pay attention to the real facts of life!

We are always busy complaining about thorns,
and trampling over roses,
conveniently forgetting they were made

by God to protect them.

We become from time to time so overwhelmed

by the natural disasters,

as if they were indispensable, for us to waken up

to the fact, of their cyclical occurrence and inevitability,

and the need for human compassion and solidarity.

And we also forget about the beauty of Nature,

and the need to be grateful

for the opportunity to enjoy it,

once we understand that natural phenomena

are just that… natural!

And only become disasters

because of the carelessness or abuse of man

No comments: