Wednesday, February 17, 2010

CHILDREN, FLOWERS AND SMILES, WHAT A LESSON OF LIFE!

Yesterday, while I was recording and posting, at their request, some comments about the Fresh Air Fund ministry, a friend of mine, an already retired Mechanical and Maintenance Engineer, or in other words, a very practical oriented individual, came to my studio, to ask me some questions, as he is helping us with some repairs at home.

He is also an enthusiastic user, as I am, of the technological marvels that allow us to get in touch with all friends and foes, in the purest expression of the freedom of speech, but this time used to promote worthier and more positive life values, polished and made to shine through the experiences of our lives.

He read the core message and watched the video I was recording at the time. We discussed, and wondered, how these types of feelings and sentiments endure the worst attacks of the gross materialism, and values distortion and deviations, that permeate our societies today.

He is, as I am, a firm believer of the direst need to stand together, as sentinels on the ramparts, joining efforts, encouraging the weaker, as well as the creative ones who extend their hands, and their spirit, to help them overcome their weaknesses and despair.

I was sharing with him that sometimes I miss the immediate contact with people I know and love, while through the internet waves I keep in touch with known and unknown friends who open their hearts and their time to my messages.

I did also share how I love to receive and then comment the messages by enriching them with the lessons from my past experiences of hopes, failures and success.

He said to me that the most valuable gift we can give and share, is to communicate unceasingly what it lies in the depths of our hearts, through the myriads of variations that nature offers.

For example, in the flower that grows, bloom, die, and then re-grow, re-bloom, and re-die in a single flower plant in our gardens, for our amazement, meditation and delight.

He liked the video and the posted comments about the activities of my ministerial friends, but he also asked me to recover the essence of my personal as well as the shared and received messages for a general but concise apprehension and comprehension by all.

I agree with him in that the purer expressions of love, hope, music, words, must not and should never be copyrighted, because they belong to the spirit and the heart, they belong to the world and those who need to find peace, solace, affirmation, healing, tenderness and comfort.

I welcomed his comments, and I here comply with his request. What it follows summarize the feelings of my heart and my hopes, prayers and desires for the generations to come.



Children, flowers and smiles, what a lesson of life!

Smiles, a gift from God!



The joyful heart beautifies the face, Proverbs 15:13.

A smile is a light on the window of the soul
saying a heart is at home!



Almost every smile is the end result from another one!
Even if there are more than a hundred languages
The smiles speak them all!

A smile is worthier than a thousand words!
No one needs a smile as much as the one
who does not have any to offer!



The wrinkle lines should only be
the trace marks of the smiles. Mark Twain.

The smiles have the same effect on the human beings
as the sun has it on the flowers. Joseph Addison.

Smile! It´s a free therapy
for the souls’ well being! Doug Horton.



There are more than enough sad children
in this world!



The newly come are entitled to


and deserve much brighter days,
because the children are the children of God!

What a smile is worth…?



The children do not have a past and, not yet, a future.
It is for this that they enjoy so much their present,
a thing we have forgotten.

If we make them smile and help them today
in their hope and search for their future,



we will recover the joy and innocence,
they have begun to lose, through
hardships and abandonment!

What they receive in their very early years…
will stay with them,
even beyond their final departure.

May no word nor obscene look…
Never pollute the house where a child is dwelling!

I offer you the flowers of my garden,
my open and extended hand,
my prayers and my heart!



Children, flowers and smiles, what a lesson of life!

No comments: