Thursday, January 14, 2010

WONDERING THOUGHTS…

Because of the terrible hardships imposed upon the Haitian people these days, and because we all, as individuals, families, communities and nations, while traveling through life inevitable have our, at times, unendurable burdens and pains… we need to find a meaning, a purpose, and a way to understand life and how to live it and confront its ups and downs.

There is an Spanish saying (no hay mal que dure cien años ni cuerpo que lo resista) that states that there are no pains, injustices, maladies or burdens lasting a hundred years and that there does not exist any body that can resists them.

In the neighborhood I live nowadays I have a little friend. It is a little charming dog that wanders all around the place, nonchalantly, and as he owns the places and gardens despite the neglect he suffers from the family that he lives with.




He makes me wonder that there are only two ways to face life,
the right and positive, and the wrong and negative.
And anyway if you get broken or neglected,
there is no other way out but to pick up the pieces
and out of lemons make lemonades
sugared with your optimism and resolve to keep on going.

Life it is what we make out of it.
The world is beautiful
if we know where to look into and how to look at it.



There are mountains in our horizons.
They can be dormant volcanoes but somehow they keep vigil over us
little human beings who aimlessly wander around.




There are also flowers and roses
who live in the most unexpected places.




We should learn from them how to bloom and flourish
despite the circumstances.



As I contemplate some little items I have collected
and placed in front of my desk in my studio,
they made me wonder about all this,
leading me to take pictures
and arrange them in a meaningful way.

Out of it came out this set of collaged pictures
that I want to share with you.


I pray and hope we all finally pay attention

to the only real solution to all our burdens and pains,

and listen to God´s call and promises,

if we first have in our minds and hearts the things of God´s

not of man´s kingdom.


No comments: