Wednesday, April 22, 2009

IN TIME OF CRISIS, ASK ME, LORD!

It is extremely interesting to analyze our own life experiences and the biological rhythm of our living.

One of my early mentors, a retired teacher, who introduced me to the absorbing fields of mathematics and the harmonies that reside in the symmetries, concordances, dissonances, and the rest of the manifestations, of the orderly structure of the universe, the sciences, and our emotional lives, used to tell me that it was necessary, and as often as required, to interrogate ourselves.

With his logic and overwhelming conviction, he used to tell me that the incoming times, and we were at that time in the early fifties, were to be characterized by the complicated, not the complex, evolution and apparent technological progress, that would silence the progressive loss of the absolute values, so indispensable for an harmonious coexistence with nature and ourselves.

Wisely he insisted on telling me: SIT BACK AND RELAX! Let your thinking flow, and subtract yourself from the noisy and overwhelming vociferations, and if you feel your interlocutor tries to carry you away, and manipulate your emotions with confusing parlay, shut out the sound, observe the eyes and analyze the gestures.

This will allow you to reach your inner freedom, so you never submit to the pressure of the masses. So you can be you, and if still remain and bother you some remnants of uneasiness within you, or if you cannot recover the logical and fundamental symmetry, and inner harmony inside of you, recur without hesitation to your God, your Creator.

So He can pacify the stormy waves, and allow you, your hand in His hand, to walk over the tumultuous waters, even if the storm rages on, and the darkness is only briefly illuminated by the clouds electrifying lightning, that ravishes everything that dares to lift up its head above the earth or the waters.

For these reasons, and as a preamble to many of my future comments, born out of the need to communicate to our surrounding ones what we see, menacingly approaching to crash the walls of our convictions and beliefs, I ask you, all, to enjoy and meditate on the content of the video that closes for this time these reflections.

Ask your Lord, when tempted to fall into the temptation of giving up and isolating yourself, or of longing for an early departure to submerge in the nihilism of oblivion or the eternal resting.

Do it while you meditate on the concepts of the message sent to us by the messengers of peace, of exhortation and harmony that God places along the long and tortuous paths of our lives.

My Lord, if some day I were suffocated, in jail, “fed up with life“......desiring to dissapear, longing to die, unsatisfied with myself and with my surrounding world; Ask me, If I want To change my light Into darkness;

Ask me, if I want to change the food on my table, for the left overs so many look for in the garbage; Ask me, If I want to exchange my feet for a wheelchair; Ask me if I want to change my voice for signs and gestures; Ask me if I want to change the world of sound with the silence of those who do not hear;

Ask me if I want to exchange the newspaper I read and then throw into the garbage can, for the misery of those who take it from it to use it as a blanket; Ask me, if I want to exchange my health for the sicknesses of so many hurting people;

Ask me, until when I will recognize your blessings, so I make my life become a hymn of praise and gratitude, and testify every day from the bottom of my heart: SAYING THANKS, MY LORD, FOR THIS NEW DAY.

But, if someday, Lord, what you have given me or what I do not want you to take away, separates me from you, because of comfort or egotism, Take everything away, Lord, but give me the spiritual strenght and resolve to keep on following you and saying THANKS, THANKS, LORD, FOR ALWAYS BEING AT MY SIDE.

No comments: