Friday, October 26, 2007

WHAT DOES UNSELFISH LOVE REALLY MEAN?

of love trying to determine who loved more or loved best.
I had to say to myself…
how can you really measure love?
You love or you don´t! Period!

I was a lonely child myself!
I had not financial problems at all and I was surrounded
by a middle class respected family
whose members always gave me what I wanted!
But I did not grow up with my pa and my ma.
They were independent minded and wanted to live their lives
assuming that my grandfather would give me
whatever I could ever need. And he did!
But he could not give me the love I missed so much!

These children were refused all things!
If you had the opportunity to fill that void in their lives…
would you walk away?
Would you serve them because it is a Christian thing to do
and at the same time an opportunity
to feel you are doing something for God?
But only in your terms?
No! that´s not love! It is just a finely refined
selfishness and self righteousness!
Because… how could you resist wanting to wipe out
that sadness in their eyes?
They become happy and chirping birds with just
a real feeling of love in our hearts for them!
And they understand it and feel it and say it!
It is amazing how they dig under our skin
and innocently say if you are real or not.

I have been blessed by the Lord with a wife who for 45 years
has walked alongside me, the unrepentant dreamer!

And she loves what we call our grandchildren

as much as we love our biological ones. The Lord has also given us faithful staff and dedicated sponsors! Our friends feel it and come to share time with us and them! They surely know who loves them!

No comments: